Overview of Senior Software Engineer
Worksmith is a software-enabled marketplace connecting commercial tenants with local service providers for facilities maintenance. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Worksmith has enjoyed terrific growth — doubling revenue year over year for the last two years.
For commercial customers with 1-100 physical locations, Worksmith provides an easy-to-use software platform that streamlines the process of sourcing, scheduling, and paying local vendors. Customers include Tecovas, Hugo Boss, Pizza Port, Joe & The Juice, and Casper.
For local service providers, Worksmith delivers new job opportunities and real revenue. The top earning vendor on the Worksmith platform made nearly $500,000 in 2019.
About the Role
Our engineers are intricately involved with the entire software stack. In a given week, you might be working on our React Native mobile app, our client and service provider web portals, or our or Java / Spring Rest API and are expected to contribute thoughtful, business-oriented solutions to the challenges that arise with each.
You’ll be owning the design, implementation, testing, launch, and support of the applications you write. Engineers here are expected to be self sufficient and are given the latitude to make autonomous decisions with their code.
The right candidate:
- Can write reusable, maintainable, bullet-proof code
- Is excited to head to the whiteboard to work out a tough problem with your fellow developers
- Can take feedback as well as you can give it
- Can work with our business owners to gather requirements and produce a well thought out project plan
- Is willing to participate in an on-call rotation and contribute to the automation of our infrastructure, deployment and CI systems
- Displays a self-motivated drive to continuously improve
- Is motivated to not only achieve but exceed expectations
We also look for these qualities:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, Texas
- A four-year college degree
- 3+ years experience in Java or a similar object-oriented programming language
- 3+ years experience with relational databases
- Experience with Spring Framework is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
What we offer:
- A culture of people dedicated to building a fast-growing, highly profitable business
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Worksmith offices are Work From Home during COVID-19 but employees do have the option to work in a private, socially distanced suite should they wish to work in the office.
Worksmith is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Worksmith does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply, submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org