Overview of Product Designer
Worksmith is a software-enabled marketplace connecting commercial tenants with local service providers for facilities maintenance. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Worksmith has enjoyed terrific growth — doubling revenue year over year for the last two years.
For commercial customers physical locations around the United States and Canada, Worksmith provides an easy-to-use software platform that streamlines the process of sourcing, scheduling, and paying local vendors. Customers include Tecovas, Hugo Boss, Pizza Port, Joe & The Juice, and Casper.
For local service providers, Worksmith delivers new job opportunities and real revenue. The top earning vendor on the Worksmith platform made nearly $500,000 in 2019.
How do Product Designers contribute to our company vision?
It is the responsibility of our product designers to architect an intuitive and easy to use software experience on mobile and web. Our platform is responsible for redefining how our clients interact with our vendors and is the backbone of our company.
A few other things to know about us:
- We don’t settle for good – we strive for great
- We work hard and play hard
- We challenge the concept of “because it’s always been done this way” and the phrase “it can’t be done” is not in our dictionary
- We’re team players
- We rise to the occasion
About the Role
As a product designer, you will be intricately involved in the planning, design, and delivery of new features and the maintenance of our existing features. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with business owners and product managers to understand their project requirements
- Creating low fidelity wireframes and storyboards, as well as high fidelity prototypes
- Conducting user research and usability testing to ensure that our solutions meet the needs of the user
- Working closely with engineers to ensure the solution is built per the design and thoroughly tested before being delivered
- Analyzing user feedback and usage reports to identify areas for improvement of the existing product suite
- Ensuring that the design and usability of our software is consistent across our entire product suite
- Contributing to and maintaining a design library
The right candidate:
- Can deliver a clean, self-documenting user experience on both mobile and web
- Is excited to head to the whiteboard to work out a tough problem with your colleagues
- Can take feedback as well as you can give it
- Displays a self-motivated drive to continuously improve
- Is motivated to not only achieve but exceed expectations
We also look for these qualities:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, Texas
- A four-year college degree
- Experience designing both mobile and web applications
- Experience with wireframing and prototype tools such as Sketch, InVision, and Figma
- Experience with a design library such as Material-UI
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
What we offer:
- A culture of people dedicated to building a fast-growing, highly profitable business
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Worksmith is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Worksmith does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply, submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org