Overview of City Manager – Chicago
Worksmith is a software-enabled marketplace connecting commercial tenants, property managers, and property owners with local service providers for cleaning, repairs and maintenance, flower delivery, and pickup and delivery for laundry and dry cleaning services. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Worksmith has enjoyed tremendous growth — doubling revenue year over year for the past two years.
For commercial tenants, property managers and owners, Worksmith provides an easy to use platform, available via the web or iOS/Android app, that streamlines the process of sourcing, scheduling, and paying local vendors.
For local service providers, Worksmith provides sales + software as a service — we deliver new job opportunities and real revenue, while equipping the vendors with Worksmith’s field service management software, called Workbench, to run an efficient operation and deliver a consistently good service to customers. In 2022, the top earning vendor on the Worksmith platform made over $2M from Worksmith!
To date, Worksmith has grown by selling to national, multi-location customers, including Nespresso, Hugo Boss, Tory Burch, Away, Tecovas, and Burberry. Now, we are excited to augment this customer acquisition strategy with a local focus in Chicago.
We are hiring a city manager for Chicago, who will own the P&L for the local market.
The right candidate will:
- Build a sales pipeline of local prospects, including local retail stores, restaurants, offices, commercial buildings, residential apartment buildings, and hotels.
- Sell our entire suite of services, including repairs, maintenance, cleaning, dry cleaning, laundry, and flower delivery.
- Manage the sales cycle from initial lead generation and outreach (calls, emails and in-person meetings), sales presentations, software demonstrations, contract negotiations and signature.
- Develop a close relationship with our network of vendors in the local market, and act as the first line of support for any questions they might have.
- Provide support to customers in order to retain and grow a portfolio of customers over time.
- Quickly drive the business to profitability through new customer acquisition and expansion of existing customers.
- Once profitable, hire and manage a local team to continue to grow the business.
- Track record of success in sales
- Fluency with financial statements including P&L
- Experience selling to retailers, restaurants, offices, hotels, and/or buildings
- Based in Chicago
We also look for these qualities:
- A desire to run your own business, with the support of an already-established business
- A willingness to learn
- An ability to work independently
- Natural leadership abilities
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Tenacity and drive
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Dedication to customers and vendor success
- Experience in facilities maintenance, laundry/dry-cleaning, and/or flower delivery is a plus
What we offer:
- A culture of people dedicated to building a fast-growing, highly profitable business
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Competitive compensation including base salary, commissions, and stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible work from home and vacation policies
To apply, submit resumes to email@example.com